Substantive, inspiring, and fun speeches and workshops
Events with Lelia Gowland are never sit 'n' get – they're interactive and thought provoking – so participants don't end up checking their email under the table.
Lelia specializes in public speaking that entertains and educates on how work works for women, for employees, and for the companies who value them. Lelia provides research-based strategies and dynamic presentations that each workplace and woman can tailor to fit their specific needs.
Audience members come away with:
- greater confidence and self-awareness
- a renewed sense of optimism on and specific strategies for how to create a career that’s right for them
- an ability to articulate what they need to succeed at their jobs and achieve their career goals
Lelia crafts each speech and event so that association members will walk away empowered and excited, but also with clear actions they can take to develop their careers.
Workshops & Training
Lelia's workshops and trainings teach critical skills to ensure that the women on your team have the skills and resources they need to be successful.
Participants leave these professional development sessions with a sense of optimism and clear actions to achieve their next steps. Clients often remark that Lelia's characteristic levity makes potentially intimidating or boring information dynamic, engaging, and memorable.
Whether your industry is law, energy, nonprofit, or anything in between, Lelia provides specialized content focused on your members.
- Developing win-win workplace negotiations
- Creating a healthy work-life balance and avoiding burnout
- Leading as a female executive or manager
- Professional goal setting
Get in touch to learn more about having Lelia at your next event, conference, or retreat.
- American Association for Justice
- National Association of Fellowship Advisors
- Women En Mass
- New Leaders Council
- Graduate and undergraduate departments of Tulane University, The University of Michigan, The University of Texas at Dallas, and Loyola University
A national expert in gender in the workplace, Lelia combines sociology and public policy degrees with passion to empower women. Over her last decade honing expertise across industries, she has become a business thought leader, sharing expertise in publications like Forbes, Marie Claire, Cosmopolitan Yahoo! Parenting, and ThinkProgress
Like her hometown, New Orleans, Lelia’s ability to entertain and enliven even the most challenging workplace topics or HR trainings sets her apart. With over a decade of experience exploring the issues women face she brings frank, funny, and factual content that engages and empowers audience members, and keeps them asking for more.